Tuesday, December 15, 2020

 The Pandemic of Covid-19 has been going strong since March with reported devastation of about 300,000 Americans. There is now a vaccine so there is new hope! I'm stuck working from home and have been since March. I'd say it's been crazy but I would say it's been kind of boring. Can't go to sporting events, music events, etc. Have to wear a mask to the grocery store/public places. I was able to still go camping and hunting and really it's been sort of concerning how this hasn't effected me as much as maybe it has for other folks.  Has given me some time to reflect on possible things to do when the world opens up again. Also have spent way too much time in front of screens. I am definitely addicted to my phone. I hate it but at the same time there are things I wouldn't give up about having that sort of access at my fingertips. I need to find a structure to apply to my relationship with the stupid thing. Especially a problem during this time.  

Cherity just finished up her semester and has one semester left of classes and then needs to do a year long internship to graduate. From there she needs to figure out what she wants to do when she grows up. : ) I can't imagine having a double income and to tell you the truth I don't really believe it will actually happen. Won't believe it until I see I guess you could say. 

Owen has been in Platteville working for his Uncle Roy and Tony at their organic grocery store. I think he likes the work but I think he is going to come home in the spring or summer and will finish his associates and then decide what he wants to do from there. 

Sebastian has a girlfriend that he's been with for almost a year now. I think that was a blessing during Covid since he is such a social kid and a lot of his social outlets have been removed due to the pandemic. 

I've been working and running. Things are winding down a bit at work since we are coming up on Christmas and many people will be out for the holidays. Owen is flying home for Christmas and his birthday and we could drive back to Wisconsin after Christmas but not sure if that is a good idea with the pandemic, etc. We probably won't but may change our mind at the last minute.... 

So that's the update for now. I need to use this to just share random thoughts and not just use it for updates although there is value in this as well. 

No comments: